"Revival of Onjo-ji in Keicho Period and the Reconstruction of Kondo" Exhibition

Otsu City Museum of History

poster for "Revival of Onjo-ji in Keicho Period and the Reconstruction of Kondo" Exhibition

This event has ended.

Onjo-ji ceased its function as a temple due to Hideyoshi Toyotomi's forfeiture in 1595. Treasures such as Buddhist statues were moved to Shogo-in and Shoko-in. The central building "Kondo" was moved for the revival of Hiei-zan and reconstructed as Nishitoh-Shakado. In 1598, its forfeiture was abolished and To-in was reconstructed. The reconstruction of Kondo and Akaiya followed this event.
This exhibition features the architectural records and references about the revival of Onjo-ji after the forfeiture.

[Image: Shichijo Buddhist "Wooden Shakanyorai Seated Statue" (1623) Toin Sanju-no-to]

Media

Schedule

from October 23, 2007 to November 25, 2007

Facebook

Reviews

All content on this site is © their respective owner(s).
Kansai Art Beat (2004 - 2021) - About - Contact - Privacy - Terms of Use